Well didn't mick jagger have an affair with david bowie ........apparently in studio 54 ..........they got up to some thing or other ......and in the seventies.......... the other was probably dodgy as fuck .........so if he did some shit with band members no surprise ..........i guess you just have to assume all singers are DAF..........and switch hitters .........and its the price of showbiz .....most actors are fence jumpers .........sex .....drugs ....and rock and roll .............
ALISON BOSHOFF: Did Mick Jagger have flings with two of the Stones? That's the extraordinary claim in a new book on the band
He's famous for being one of the most voracious — and faithless — men in rock'n'roll, and has romanced some of the world's most desirable women, including Jerry Hall, Marianne Faithfull, Anita Pallenberg and Marsha Hunt.
However a new book suggests that Rolling Stone Mick Jagger is not just a legendary ladies' man. He's also dallied with more men than is popularly realised ...allegedly including TWO members of his own band.
Respected author Lesley-Ann Jones says in her new book The Stone Age that it is time to re-assess Jagger as a 'bisexual icon', suggesting he had flings with Keith Richards in the group's early days; as well as guitarist Mick Taylor, who was in the Stones from 1969 to 1974.
Both men are listed in a lengthy appendix to the book, detailing lovers taken by the Stones over the years. Jagger's alleged liaison with David Bowie is mentioned (backing singer Ava Cherry has spoken previously about having threesomes with Jagger and Bowie). As is an alleged affair with Austrian actor Helmut Berger — the man who introduced him to his first wife Bianca.
In her recently published book, Jones quotes interviews with both Anita Pallenberg and Marianne Faithfull, in which they note that Jagger and Richards were apparently attracted to each other. Pallenberg, who died in 2017, said: 'From when I first met them, I saw Mick was in love with Keith.'
More from Alison Boshoff for the Daily Mail...
- After a day wearing expressions oscillating between 'sulky' and 'terrified', the Beckhams beamed for their oh-so-public family reunion, says ALISON BOSHOFF. So is this REALLY the end of the rift?30/09/22
- ALISON BOSHOFF: Alec Baldwin gun tragedy changed how we work, say Hollywood's Diane Kruger and Liam Neeson 29/09/22
- Kevin Spacey denies he is a sex addict and states in court papers that he was 'emotionally fragile' when he went into rehab amid allegations over his behaviour with 14-year-old boy29/09/22
- ALISON BOSHOFF: Suits Huw, Sir! Veteran newsreader Edwards is tipped for a knighthood after his sure-footed coverage of the Queen's funeral 22/09/22
- ALISON BOSHOFF: Priscilla Presley nets $1million to shoot film about marriage to Elvis - after being moved to tears by Baz Luhrmann's biopic of 'The King of Rock 'n' Roll15/09/22
- ALISON BOSHOFF: Oscar-winning designer is cut from Cruella sequel after Disney row over clothes range 08/09/22
- 'She would throw things off the walls and get mad if she didn't like something': Ana de Armas felt the spirit of Marilyn Monroe 'close to us' when filming Blonde in her old house08/09/22
- ALISON BOSHOFF: Florence Pugh's no-show for film photo shoot (and what about Harry?) 01/09/22
- ALISON BOSHOFF: Wizard news for Harry Potter fans as JK Rowling 'strikes TV deal for spin-off'18/08/22
- VIEW FULL ARCHIVE
Faithfull is quoted as saying: 'I had an inkling that there was a sexual undercurrent between them. I knew in some part of my head that Mick was bisexual.'
As for the alleged fling with Taylor, Jones interviews Paul Levett, who sat with Taylor's former wife Rose at a party.
Levett says: 'She told me that she found her husband in bed with Mick Jagger. Why would she say such a thing to me, if she had not seen it with her own eyes?'
Rumours of a liaison between Jagger and the guitarist have long abounded. In his 2012 book Mick, Christopher Andersen wrote that members of the band's entourage 'caught the two Micks dozing in bed together', leading to rumours of an affair. Andersen also said Jagger had a fling with Brian Jones. He quotes Anita Pallenberg, girlfriend to both Jones and Richards (who also had a fling with Jagger ... do keep up!), as saying the singer was left 'emotionally raw' after the affair ended.
In 1995, Jagger told an interviewer: 'Mick [Taylor] would play very fluid lines against my vocals. He was exciting, and he was very pretty, and it gave me something to follow, to bang off. Some people think that's the best version of the band that existed.'
Taylor first played with the Stones in sessions for Let It Bleed, and then at the free concert in Hyde Park in 1969. He contributed to the album Sticky Fingers. And he, Rose and their young daughter were at the Villa Nellcote in 1971 while Exile On Main Street was being recorded — an infamously dissolute period, even by the Stones' standards, with Richards and Pallenberg in thrall to heroin. Taylor has since said he left because he needed to get away from the drugs.
Author Jones speculates that Jagger pursued women relentlessly because he felt uneasy about being attracted to men and 'lacked confidence in his masculinity'. Mick and Keith's relationship has endured since the day they met at Dartford train station in 1961, and bonded over a shared love of the Blues, though there have been rough patches.
In 2010, Richards's observation that Jagger, surely the most celebrated lothario in showbiz, has a 'tiny todger', made worldwide headlines and caused huge upset in the band.
In another interview, Richards told the Wall Street Journal he did not approve of Jagger fathering a child with ballet dancer Melanie Hamrick at the age of 73.
He swiftly apologised and explained: 'Mick and I live off the fire between us. We were made for each other. It's like putting on an old glove, man, you know.'
Nowadays, a bit of breathing space ensures harmony. The two men 'stay away from each other' when not on Stones business.
However Marianne Faithfull once said: 'Of all Mick's relationships, the only one that really means anything to him is with Keith.'
Spokesmen for Jagger, Richards and Taylor did not comment.